Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great, easy to make ground beef casserole, taken from Sunset's Potluck cookbook and slightly modified to our liking. Everyone I've made it for loves it. Easily fills a 9x12 casserole dish and will feed a large family or group.
- NOTE: Extra lean ground beef may be used in place of ground sirloin.
- Crumble ground beef into a wide frying pan over medium heat, cooking and stirring until browned.
- Discard all excess fat and stir in garlic, onion, tomato sauce, and basil.
- Reduce heat, cover loosely, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 6- to 8-quart pan, cook pasta according to package directions, until just tender to bite - do not overcook.
- Spoon meat mixture into a 9x12 casserole dish.
- Top evenly with pasta.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over pasta.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and milk until smooth.
- Pour over the pasta using a knife to seperate pasta so it can drizzle down inside. (At this point you may cover and refrigerate for one day).
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. If refrigerated, bake up to one hour.
Really good, but the flavor of the spinach noodles (which I love) kind of muddled the flavor. I think regular egg noodles or whole wheat noodles would suit this recipe better. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012