Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe I clipped from the Wednesday, December 11, 2002 Arizona Republic. I really enjoyed the ease and the rich taste for such simple preperation. I calculated this recipe as 6 W.W. points per serving. This is a simple home cooking type of recipe that would also work well for a small gathering. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 frozen turkey breast, unthawed (about 3 pounds, A boneless turkey breast works the best if you don't want a carcas to clean up)
- Dump cranberry sauce and soup mix into a crockpot.
- Mix together.
- Add frozen turkey.
- If the bird has a string net, leave it on.
- Cook 2 hours on high, reduce heat to low and cook for 4 to 5 hours more.
- I cooked mine for 8 hours on low and it was not too dry at all.
- Remove string and serve with sauce.
So good and so easy! Misread and thawed the turkey, so cooked entire time on low, but still came out incredible. Will make again without bothering to thaw next tme. Thanks!
this allegedly is a recipe from Gloria Pitzer who was the original "Todd Wilber"(from Top Secret Recipes) it a really easy recipe and the turkey breast is moist and flavorful.
Extremely easy and very flavorful! Would definitely make again . .in fact, will do so tomorrow for dinner!