Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've never liked the bottled cocktail sauces (too sweet, too salty, never spicy enough!), so I've been making my own for years.
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon hot horseradish (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, Fresh
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- Scrape lime to get approximately 1 teaspoon of zest. You can use a grater, but a zester really yields the intense flavor and no bitterness. Zest the lime BEFORE you cut it.
- Pour catsup, horseradish, lime juice & lime zest into medium bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Chill & serve with shrimp or other seafood.
I loved this cocktail sauce, especially the lime juice! Easy and delicious! I will keep this recipe handy! Reviewed for ZWT4
Nice cocktail sauce. Much better than store bought and very easy to prepare. The lime was very pronounced in this sauce--I might scale back a bit on the lime and increase the horseradish to make it a bit hotter. I agree with TLu, another 1/2 Tb would do the trick on the horseradish. Made for Zingo ZWT4.
I will not buy store bought again. Love the flavor. We like it hot so added about 1/2 Tbsp more of the horseradish. Thanks for a keeper! Made for ZWT 4.