Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
p. 250, June '07 issue of Better Homes & Gardens. Looks yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 top beef loin steaks, cut 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut in 1/2-inch rings, seeds removed (red and yellow)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine parsley, the 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, oregano, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Trim fat from meat. Pat ab out two thirds herb mixture on both sides of steaks. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour. Meanwhile, brush pepper rings with the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- For charcoal grill, grill steaks on rack of uncovered grill to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F). Grill pepper rings next to steaks the last 8 to 10 minutes of grilling, or until peppers are tender, turning once. Remove steaks from grill and sprinkle with remaining herb mixture. Cover; let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice steaks across grain of meat. Serve with sweet pepper rings.