Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A healthy recipe containing roasted skinless chicken drumsticks coated with lemon juice, garlic, sage, rosemary and thyme. I found this recipe in the Jan/Feb 2010 Weight Watchers magazine. Points Value: 5
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks (about 2 lbs)
- 1 lemon, juice of, large
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 pint) container grape tomatoes or 1 (1 pint) container cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place drumsticks on baking sheet. Mix lemon juice, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in small bowl; pour over drumsticks and toss to coat. Add tomatoes.
- Roast until drumsticks are cooked through and tomatoes are softened, about 40 minutes, turning drumsticks once halfway through roasting time.
Super easy, will add more tomatoes next time and maybe mushrooms
Unfortunately I did not have time to skin my drumsticks so went ahead but I thought the herbs was way too much so only used 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped and 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves and ground sage which I think flavoured the drumsticks well (more than that would have been overkill for us). My lemons were not juicy so used 2 and got just under 1/4 cup of juice. A punnet of tomatoes here is 250 grams which is what I used and suited the 3 of us that I was catering to and to be honest they pleasantly surprised and would quite happily have had more as the flavour from the marinate had perfumed them just a little and gave them a delightful taste. Overall on preparation time a quick and easy dish which you can bung in the oven and then voila and hour late dinner is ready (which gives you time to make the sides). Thank you Crafy Lady 13, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #45 October 2010.