Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a Vancouver restaurant called "The Three Greenhorns". It was a very "In" place to go when it opened about 35 years ago. Their menu was very different from other placed and although this recipe does not seem like much now it was "IN" then. Still very tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 hard-boiled egg, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 lb broccoli, stems trimmed and peeled, stalks split
- Sauté the crumbs and shallot in the butter until they are golden; sprinkle on the egg & set aside. Steam the broccoli for approx 10 minutes or until the broccoli is brilliant green and still crunchy. Place broccoli in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the broccoli evenly.
- Place in a 450°F oven for 2 minutes to heat the broccoli through.