Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for an hour or until done.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Was very tempted to use dark molasses here but didn't, & still had a pleasant flavor from the light version! Perhaps another time I'll use the dark along with a similar brown sugar ~ Love that molasses! As is, though, you have A VERY TASTY BREAD, & I particularly enjoyed the combo of flours! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my And-a Three theme in My-3-Chefs]