Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1/3 cup. Per serving: 185 calories, 5.8 g fat, 4.5 g protein, 31.3 g carb, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol. Serve with milk and top with fresh fruit.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Followed your recipe right on down & we had one of the tastiest, most flavorful cereals ever! Definitely something to make again around here, once we finish off what I made! This is certainly a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (7 ounce) package dried mixed fruit, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients--stir using a whisk.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and next 5 ingredients.
- Add in syrup mixture; stir well to coat.
- Spread cereal mixture evenly onto a jelly-roll pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned, stiring every 10 minutes.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.