Recipe by Montana Heart Song
These glazes dress up and give some extra taste to baked,grilled or broiled chicken or fish.Use 1/4 Cup jelly. (it shows as 0 on the submission. They are simple & interchangeable.You make them the same way. Remember to use 2 spices with the jelly. Sugar free jelly is fine to use also. Use sugar free jelly if desired. Sometimes I will take a spice from one glaze and a jelly from another.
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly or 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam or 1⁄4 cup apricot pineapple jelly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala or 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat three ingredients, one jelly and two spices in a microwave proof bowl covered until jelly is melted and spices blended.
- Take out and stir.
- Brush the glaze on the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Note: I have used some of the glazes on baked applies, baked pears, baked sliced oranges and bananas and pineapple slices.
- If you cannot have sugar or salt in your diet, this is a great substitute for your meats or fish.