Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice fall cookie recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- powdered sugar
- whole almond (garnish)
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add toasted almonds, cream, and crystallized ginger; pulse until mixture is blended Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Garnish, if you desire Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool slightly on baking sheet.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
If you like ginger these cookies are great! Very crisp!
These cookies are amazing! Very easy and quick to make and they have a terrific flavor due in most part to the fresh and crystallized ginger. Even my picky husband and son love them.
Lovely. I'm playing with the fresh ginger level. Hoping for a bit more bite. Dip these crisp beauties in a bit of bittersweet chocolate for a truely decadent treat!