Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful pasta dish for true garlic lovers. From Martha Stewart.
- 1 head garlic
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, for grating
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap garlic head in foil, or place in garlic roaster; roast until soft and golden, about 1 hour.
- Let cool, trim tip of head; squeeze out cloves, using back of knife. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Thinly slice five cloves of unroasted garlic. Finely chop remaining three cloves. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add sliced garlic; toast until golden and crisp.
- Remove garlic with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chopped garlic; sauté until translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add roasted garlic and white wine; let simmer about 3 minutes. Add pasta, parsley, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste; toss.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted garlic slivers. Grate Parmesan over each serving.
I made this for dinner tonight and added mussels. It was so good. Thank you for such an easy recipe :)
Garlic lovers this is for you. And the parsley is abundant in chlorophyll which may help with the garlic odor, so don`t skimp on it. ;)I Used Organic Brown rice pasta. I also used my Recipe #445304 which is an essential my home! Added some pasta water to the end mix for more sauce. Thanks for the yummy eats!
This was good but needs some changes. The parsley was overwhelming so I think I would cut back on that a bit. I also would've liked more sauce - it was a bit dry. I loved all of the garlic! This definitely has potential.