Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From cooking light. I think that this combination of fruit and salsa is quite unique and tasty if you're looking for something that's an out of the box idea for something to eat.
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled cantaloupe
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1 cup sliced small strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine.
- Serve salsa with a slotted spoon.
I've been making this recipe for years and i love it! I looked for it before i decided to post it myself. If you don't like your food too spicy, cut back the herbs and maybe the red onion. I love this recipe because it opens my sinuses and is always a topic of conversation when i bring it to parties. I never tell anyone the mix of ingredients because nobody believes without a taste first that these foods together could taste so good! Sometimes i add pineapple if i'm in the mood for it. It's so pretty and full of color, if you're looking for a conversation piece this is exceptional
Well this is acually between a 4 and 5 star, I found the basil and mint to be a little overpowering for this recipe, and only increases in taste the longer it is chilled, if and when I do make it again I will reduce those amounts, all the other ingredients blended together well so I am giving this 5 stars, thanks for sharing Topher!...Kitten