Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Company's Coming
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, with peel, cut up
- 1 orange, with peel, quartered
- 1 lemon, with peel, halved
- water, 3 times amount of fruit
- granulated sugar, 1 1/2 times quantity of pulp
- Remove seeds from fruits. Put through food grinder. Measure and put into large saucepan.
- For each 1 cup pulp, add 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Boil rapidly, stirring 2 or 3 times, for 20 minutes. Measure quantity.
- To each 1 cup pulp, add 1 1/2 cups sugar. Return to a boil, stirring.
- Boil rapidly until thickened and a small amount cooled on a chilled saucer jells. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.