Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My version of the Dallas Steakhouse favorite. I once asked the Chef, "What is that little "something" flavor in the dressing?" He replied, "Molasses." Dressing should be used sparingly, more is not better. I recommend chilled plates. Need not limit to spring mix, I often serve over other salad blends as well.
- 44.37 ml salad dressing, such as Miracle Whip
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml maple syrup
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml apple juice
- 2.46 ml molasses
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1892.72 ml spring mixed salad greens
- 1 Granny Smith apples, cut in slivers
- 118.29 ml candied pecans
- 56.69 g crumbled danish blue cheese
- 1) Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk till smooth. Refrigerate.
- 2) Place salad greens and apple slivers in a large bowl. Drizzle a scant Tablespoon per serving over greens and toss to coat. Plate greens and top with pecans and blue cheese.
The salad was a hit when I served it at a Christmas dinner with friends. The apple and the cheese worked well together and the dressing was wonderfully different!