Recipe by gord030831
I like it because it is a meatless meal also because it is delicious. I developed it myself after experimenting a few times. Crisp bacon crumbled can be added before the toppings are added if desired. I use a 9 in. fry pan and should be covered over a low light.
Top Review by Kehaulani2
This was absolutely a delightful meal. The flavors where great. I added spinach after I sauteed the onions peppers and mushrooms and then poured the eggs over top. I will make this again.
- 3 large eggs (well beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 3 medium mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 large tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the bottom of a 9 inch fry pan with a non-stick vegetable spray (I use Pam).
- Add Olive oil and saute onion, green pepper and mushrooms in the fry pan over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sauted veggies.
- This is where you would add the bacon if desired.
- Slice the tomato (approx. 1/8 inch. thick) and place the slices on top touching each other but not overlapping.
- Shred and sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook over a low heat until the cheese has thoroughly melted and the eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let stand for approximately 5 minutes to firm up.
- Cut into wedges (much like pizza) and serve with a side salad and Italian bread if desired.