Recipe by seahorse73
Thanks Three Dog Bakery and Dogster.com
Top Review by Isabella D.
My dog loves bananas so we decided to make him a Birthday cake. I tried this recipe, and he loved it! We give him small peices twice a week now since it's a big cake! I only used 8 ounces of cream cheese, and a table spoon of honey for the frosting. I am planning to make this a tradition, and bake the doggie cake every year on his Birthday!
- 2 cups water
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a bowl combine water, bananas, vanilla, egg and honey. Then add whole wheat flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 8-inch cake pan sprayed with a nonstick spray.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Cinnamon Frosting: In a mixer, combine the following: 12 ounces non-fat cream cheese (room temperature) 3 teaspoons cinnamon 1.
- teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon honey.
- You can pipe different designs on top by using the carob frosting forcolor contrast. To make carob frosting, replace cinnamon with the same amount of carob powder.