Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe appeared in an old community cookbook from Searcy, Arkansas. It's the simplest cobbler recipe around!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the stick of butter in a 9X13 baking dish, and pop in the oven until the butter is melted.
- Stir together the milk, flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Pour mixture into the hot pan.
- Spoon the pie filling into the pan.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for 40 minutes until the crust is brown.
- Delicious served warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I make this recipe using Bisquick, which eliminates the flour, baking powder and salt. It is always a hit at our house.
This was a quick and easy cobbler to make. My family really liked. Thanks Hippie2Mars. Bullwinkle