Recipe by Zannah
This very simple chicken recipe is GORGEOUS and can be eaten in millions of ways - here is a recipe for it in wraps with a cool yoghurty dressing. It can be adapted to be more or less spicy to taste (or for kids). It is also ideal for barbecues!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon (or lime)
- 2 fresh red chilies (or one teaspoon hot chilli powder)
- 2 garlic cloves
- sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons coriander, fresh chopped
- 200 ml Greek yogurt (or soured cream)
- 4 flour tortillas
- spring onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the garlic and chillis and put them in a medium -sized mixing bowl. Juice the entire lemon (or lime) and pour into the bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Chop the chicken breasts into thin strips. Put these into the bowl and stir until the marinade covers all the meat.
- Cover bowl and leave for as long as you can - preferably overnight - so that the flavours soak well into the chicken.
- Heat some sunflower oil in a frying pan, then tip the chicken and all the juice in to fry on a low heat. Stir frequently.
- While the chicken cooks, mix the coriander into the greek yoghurt (or soured cream).
- Now shred the lettuce, cucumber and spring onions.
- When the chicken has browned slightly on all sides, the marinade should have evaporated, leaving a delicious sticky residue in the frying pan! This can now be divided between the 4 flour tortillas.
- Into each tortilla, put a big dollop of yoghurt dressing, some salad, and then roll up.
- Chop each wrap in half, on a diagonal line. Arrange them on the plate --
- Now eat!