Recipe by buttercup0009
This is a favorite recipe that my mother-in-law uses for Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas. It is so good that I end up going back for seconds and sometimes even thirds!
Top Review by Jan Marie
I LOVE this recipe. The taste is incredible, and it's terrific the next day mixed with ham leftovers. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 star is because it took over twice as long to bake as the recipe called for. But the results were well worth the wait. I'll definitely make this one again.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) canreg. corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container prepared onion dip
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy corn muffin mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F Lightly brush a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with some butter.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and then add the two corns.
- Add the remaining butter, onion dip and pepper.
- Beat well until blended.
- Pour the mixture in the greased pan.
- In another bowl make the corn muffin mix according to the directions and then pour over the corn mixture or you may blend it into the corn mixture, whichever is preferred.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour; until pick comes out clean.
- You can also leave out the onion dip if you don't have it and add a little minced onion.
- It doesn't taste as good, but it isn't bad by all means!