A delicious and easy side dish I like to serve with tacos or anything Mexican!
Make and share this Three Corn and Cheddar Spoon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl.
- Add 1 cup cheese, cream style corn, whole kernel corn, muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in oven 45 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set.
- Top with remaining cheese; bake 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- For another option: Add 1 small can drained, diced green chilies or chopped pimiento to batter before baking).
I was a little apprehensive making this. I did not think that I would like it, it sounded WAY out there for me. However I was pleasantly surprised when I made it and it was absolutely fabulous! The taste was very good, it had a crunch from the corn and was very moist. I am very happy with this since I love corn bread. I did not put the cheese on the top, I won't lie, I just plain forgot. Yet no matter, it still was a phenomenal bread! I made this for the Contests and Events Let's P-A-R-T-Y!!
I just finished eating this wonderful corn bread with some delish turkey chili...Mmmmmm.
I was not able to find the corn muffin mix in my grocery store so I went online to see if I could find a substitute for it. Here is what I found....in lieu of the mix simply combine 2/3 cup Bisquick, 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (I used only 2). I was so happy I was able to make these with what I had on hand! These are so so so good. I added a tiny bit of finely chopped jalapeno peppers (from a jar). I can't wait to make these again.
This was an excellent side dish to my Puerco Pibil and Mexican Rice. Moist, sweet and delicious! I added fresh minced jalapeno peppers. Thank you for this great recipe. We will surely have this again!