Recipe by Lainey39
A delicious and easy side dish I like to serve with tacos or anything Mexican!
Top Review by Creation in Hope
I was a little apprehensive making this. I did not think that I would like it, it sounded WAY out there for me. However I was pleasantly surprised when I made it and it was absolutely fabulous! The taste was very good, it had a crunch from the corn and was very moist. I am very happy with this since I love corn bread. I did not put the cheese on the top, I won't lie, I just plain forgot. Yet no matter, it still was a phenomenal bread! I made this for the Contests and Events Let's P-A-R-T-Y!!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl.
- Add 1 cup cheese, cream style corn, whole kernel corn, muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in oven 45 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set.
- Top with remaining cheese; bake 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- For another option: Add 1 small can drained, diced green chilies or chopped pimiento to batter before baking).