Recipe by Annacia
Now I ask you what would our world tour be without a Chocolate Creme to sample? Serve this amazingly dreamy dessert in espresso cups. It's easy to make but they'll never know that. Since the explanation about the "mocca" bar was cut short I'll add it here: "and if you can't find a mocha bar melt a good quality milk chocolate bar and mix in 1-1.5 tsps instant coffee dissolved in as small amount of milk as possible"
Top Review by Studentchef
These were so easy to make, despite the long list of instructions. And it was so good, too! Doing each creme separately and then layering each one in a coffee cup or mug was an excellent idea! I savoured each bite and wished there were more.
- 100 g plain dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- 100 g mocca milk chocolate with crunchy cocoa chips (or nibs. If you can't find a bar with the crunchy bits just use a plain mocha milk chocolate bar and)
- 2 eggs
- 3 dl milk
- 25 g sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up each type of chocolate separately.
- Separate the eggs and place the egg whites in a measuring jug and keep in a cool place.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and stir.
- Heat the milk to boiling point, remove from the hob, and stir into the egg yolks.
- Pour everything back into the pan, and heat to boiling point, stirring all the while.
- Divide the crème into 3 portions. Dissolve one of each of the chocolate types into one each of the hot crème mixtures. Allow to cool.
- Beat the egg whites to a froth them gradually add the sugar to the beaten egg whites.
- Continue to beat until the mixture forms stiff peaks and is shiny.
- Fold the stiffly beaten egg whites in equal parts into the cooled chocolate mixtures. Place equal amounts of each chocolate in espresso coffee cups and keep cool until serving.