Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is based on one that appeared in a popular cooking magazine. This is easier and less expensive to make.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup basil pesto (homemade or from a jar)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 (6 ounce) cansmall pitted black olives
- 1 garlic clove
- Equipment needed: loaf pan (5 ¾ X 3 ½ X 2 ¼), plastic wrap, rubber spatula OR pastry bag with 1A tip or a 1 inch cut, food processor or blender, small sieve.
- Place pesto in a small sieve set over a bowl.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes to drain away excess oil.
- Meanwhile drain oil from tomatoes.
- Pat tomatoes dry with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Place tomatoes in small food processor or blender and chop very finely.
- Wash processor or blender.
- Place olives and garlic in small food processor or blender and process until very finely chopped.
- Stir together the cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese with the goat cheese until well blended and smooth.
- Line the loaf pan with plastic wrap, making sure to leave about 6 inches of overhang in all four directions.
- Use two layers of plastic wrap if necessary.
- Using either a pastry bag with large tip (such as 1A) or a 1 inch cut, OR a rubber spatula and a spoon, spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture on the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Top with the drained pesto and spread evenly being careful not to mix with the cheese below.
- Using the same method as before top the pesto with another 1/4 of the cheese mixture being careful to not mix with the pesto.
- Top with the chopped sun dried tomatoes, spreading evenly.
- Top with another 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- Top that with the chopped olive mixture.
- Top that with the remaining cheese mixture and smooth it out.
- Cover the mixture with the overhanging plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, peel back overhanging plastic wrap and invert onto serving platter.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with various crackers.