Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Kitchen Life, Art Smith
Top Review by kitty.rock
Glad I chose to make this recipe...DH was just the other day complaining about the "same old boring green tea" he always drinks...so I surprised him with this slightly different tart and tangy version. I made as written except I did not add any honey or sugar - we drink unsweet tea, which is very unusual for Southerners...LOL. We really enjoyed the citrus twist that this tea has and I will definitely make it again - DH really liked it. It's excellent when really iced up. Made for "Relax, chat, and sip some iced tea!!" tag in the Diabetic Forum.
- 8 green tea bags
- 2 seedless oranges
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- superfine sugar or Splenda granular
- of fresh mint, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large pot; remove from heat and add the tea bags; steep 20 minutes.
- Slice 1 orange, 1 lemon, and 1 lime into thin rounds.
- Squeeze and strain the juice from the remaining orange, lemon, and lime.
- Stir the citrus juices into the brewed tea.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher and stir in the sugar/artificial sweetener to taste, until dissolved.
- Stir in the citrus slices; refrigerate the tea until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Serve tea over ice, garnished with a mint sprig.