Heart 'N Soul's Note:
These will knock your socks off!!! Dutch process cocoa is the secret ingredient so please don't substitute! Surdyk's Cheese Shop, in Minneapolis, sells these "Out of this world" brownies baked by Three Chocolatiers in Mpls. I use Droste cocoa from Holland, however, Hershey's brand also offers its own Dutch process cocoa, which costs less than the imported product.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces quality semisweet chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
- 2Melt unsalted butter, set aside to cool.
- 3Measure flour and chop nuts, set aside.
- 4Mix the sugar and cocoa powder by hand, then mix in the melted butter; mixture will be grainy.
- 5Beat in the 4 eggs all at once until batter is smooth and glossy.
- 6Stir in vanilla, then flour and finally pecans.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until toothpick tested in center shows moist crumbs.
- 10For Icing:.
- 11Scald the cream in a saucepan large enough to add chocolate.
- 12Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
- 13Pour icing over brownies.
- 14Chill to firm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Chocolatiers Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g