Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Saw these on Paula's Home Cooking. Posting here for safe keeping.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 1 cup almond brickle chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels and almond brickle chips. Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls about 3-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.
These cookies are absolutely amazing! I used skor chips, mini white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, bytterscotch chips and milk chocolate chips AND regular chips. This was soooooo good! My boyfriend finished 5 within an hour.