Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
Pepper infused scallops served over creamy, slightly smokey ziti .
Make and share this Three-Cheese Ziti With Seared Scallops for Two recipe from Food.com.
- 2 habanero peppers, diced (can sub scotch bonnet or jalapeno)
- 10 large sea scallops
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Slice scallops in half through the center, keeping them circular.
- Add scallops to a large baggie or mixing bowl and add habanero peppers, garlic, chili powder, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Prepare ziti noodles by boiling as directed on the box.
- Heat a saute pan to medium-high heat.
- Once ziti is cooked, drain and return noodles to pot. Set pot back on heat and add milk and cheeses. Stir vigorously until cheeses melt thoroughly. Cover and set aside.
- With saute pan good and hot, add olive oil. Season scallops with salt and add to hot pan. Saute scallops about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes per side, or until scallops are cooked all the way through and appear opaque.
- Distribute ziti into 2 bowls and top with cilantro and then 10 half scallops each.