Recipe by Annacia
Give the usual mashed potatoes a rest and serve this side dish instead. It's loaded with ricotta, cottage, and Gorgonzola cheeses. Found on Diabetic Living.
- 680.38 g russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 78.07 ml part-skim ricotta cheese
- 78.07 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 78.07 ml crumbled gorgonzola
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough boiling water to cover for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, place ricotta cheese and cottage cheese in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; add Gorgonzola cheese, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Immediately add hot cooked potatoes to the cheese mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes more. Transfer potato mixture to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.