Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spice up your salad! You can vary the cheeses in this recipe to change the taste. Adapted from Cooking With Paula(Deen) magazine.
- 2 cups vegetable oil (try half olive oil)
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- 3 teaspoons sugar (or try 2 tsp. honey)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Serve over salads, use to marinate chicken or fish, mix with pasta, etc. Enjoy!
This was pretty good, but I found the vineger flavor a little strong (maybe a little more honey would make it better? or just higher quality vinegar). I do think it'd be a good marinade for pork or chicken and want to try it in future. To mix with pasta I think I'd sub white wine for the vinegar. Thanks for sharing.