Recipe by Lois M
an easy and tasty little appetizer that I made for one of Country Lady's famous appy parties (April 2009) I sometimes will subsitute 1 large onion carmelized slow and low for the shallots, I actually like it better with the carmelized onions, but I thought I should post the recipe as I prepared it for the party
Top Review by Lainey39
These are outstanding. I made these twice for two different occasions over the holidays and they were gobbled up in no time. Everyone LOVED them. I will make this again and again. Thanks for sharing.
- 24 large white mushrooms
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 12 slice bacon
- 118.29 ml cream cheese
- 236.59 ml gruyere or 236.59 ml swiss cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated -separated
- 118.29 ml shallot, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- remove stems from the large mushrooms.
- chop stems and cremini mushrooms.
- sautee shallots and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- add chopped mushrooms,thyme and cayenne and sautee until tender.
- stir in cream cheese until melted through.
- add grated gruyere and half of the parmesan, mix thouroughly until melted through.
- spoon mixture into large mushrooms.
- sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
- place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for approx 15 mins.