Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a family favorite! I use my Spicy? Sweet? Marinara sauce Spicy? Sweet? Marinara Sauce for this recipe. This makes a full box of pasta shells, which is a lot, but this recipe is easily cut in half.
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) containers light ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- marinara sauce
- Combine all ingredients, except pasta and 1/4 c Parmesan cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Mix well and fill each cooked pasta shell.
- Place in ungreased 11 by 17 pan.
- Cover w/ marinara sauce and then sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, cover w/foil, and bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Time does not include time to make marinara, but I cook mine as I make the shells so it really doesn't affect the time.
- Servings are a guess.
These are great, thanks for posting this yummy recipe!!! It was easy. I used fat-free ricotta & mozzarella and it still turned out scrumpious!!!
Recipe was fantastic and really easy. I'm a new chef and a mom of 2 little boys so things that are easy and fairly quick are the things for me. I took out basil (family isnt a fan) and added in bits of bacon, otherwise followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious. Thank you for posting!
This recipe was really easy and very yummy. I apparently didnt chop the bay leaves up in small enough pieces so we didnt enjoy that part... In the future I would probably leave them out. Otherwise, this recipe is really good. Thanks for posting it!