Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe many years ago, from a friend, at a barbecue! Don't let the use of Velveeta turn you off! This is a fantastic cheese spread, served with crackers. It makes a large quantity, bu stores well.
- 1⁄2 lb mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, food
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 pint mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best Foods)
- Shred the cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise and seasonings. Add to the cheeses and mix well. Chill. Serve with crackers.