Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was given to me by my son's fiance. It is very tasty and easy to make. The measurements are only a quideline as you will find when making it you will be able to use your own judgement on how much to use.
- 250 g ricotta cheese, creamy style (I use low fat)
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 250 g cheddar cheese (I use low fat)
- 570 g tomato & onion flavoured pasta sauce
- 500 g baby spinach leaves (frozen is OK too, just defrost and remove excess water first)
- 375 g lasagna sheets (I use fresh sheets)
- Pre hear oven to 180c.
- Grease lasagne pan.
- Spread some of tomato sauce on bottom of dish.
- Lay lasagne sheets on top of sauce.
- Spread half riccotta cheese on top.
- Spread a third of the mozzarella and a third of the cheddar cheese.
- Lay half of the spinach on top of cheeses.
- Spread some more of the tomato sauce on top and repeat.
- Finish with lasagne sheets and top with remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
Made this last night - my bf was dubious about spinach so I thought I would try an simple recipe first in case he didn't like it. This was simple and quick to make. I like the fact using ready made pasta sauce means you can adapt it to your taste - I used onion and garlic sauce. The only deviation I made is not using any cheddar, but thats only because my lasagne dish is not very big and was worried too much cheese would make it overflow! It came out tasting lovely, full flavour and without the heavy greasy taste you often get with meat lasagne. Thanks, my fella and I loved it and will be doing this one again.
Yummy! Made this before I got married...now not sure my husband would go for this, but I'll probably give it a try! Used jar marinara sauce of some sort and subbed cottage cheese in place of ricotta. This was a great lasagne. Made a lot and I had to put some in the freezer, but came out well for an easy meal! Might be good with some chicken as well. Thanks for sharing!
This was a really tasty lasagne. I've always used the instant lasagne sheets that don't need to be pre-cooked, so was a bit surprised when the top layer came out of the oven rather crunchy. I'm giving five stars because it was my mistake really....and the kids enjoyed the crunchy bits!! Easy meal to make, though I did make my own sauce....basically canned tomatoes, onions, garlic, tomato paste and wine. Thanks Honni for a lovely meal!