Recipe by Honni
This recipe was given to me by my son's fiance. It is very tasty and easy to make. The measurements are only a quideline as you will find when making it you will be able to use your own judgement on how much to use.
Top Review by Marychef
Made this last night - my bf was dubious about spinach so I thought I would try an simple recipe first in case he didn't like it. This was simple and quick to make. I like the fact using ready made pasta sauce means you can adapt it to your taste - I used onion and garlic sauce. The only deviation I made is not using any cheddar, but thats only because my lasagne dish is not very big and was worried too much cheese would make it overflow! It came out tasting lovely, full flavour and without the heavy greasy taste you often get with meat lasagne. Thanks, my fella and I loved it and will be doing this one again.
- 250 g ricotta cheese, creamy style (I use low fat)
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 250 g cheddar cheese (I use low fat)
- 570 g tomato & onion flavoured pasta sauce
- 500 g baby spinach leaves (frozen is OK too, just defrost and remove excess water first)
- 375 g lasagna sheets (I use fresh sheets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre hear oven to 180c.
- Grease lasagne pan.
- Spread some of tomato sauce on bottom of dish.
- Lay lasagne sheets on top of sauce.
- Spread half riccotta cheese on top.
- Spread a third of the mozzarella and a third of the cheddar cheese.
- Lay half of the spinach on top of cheeses.
- Spread some more of the tomato sauce on top and repeat.
- Finish with lasagne sheets and top with remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.