Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I originally found this recipe on allrecipes.com and changed it to fit our tastes. This is so versatile. Add or take away what your family likes or dislikes. The recipe should read 2 jars of spaghetti sauce...I apologize the amount hasn't been showing in the ingredients. I use Ragu or my own.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 (737 g) jars spaghetti sauce
- green pepper (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- Brown hamburger until no longer pink with diced red onion.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, Romano, eggs, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Spread ground meat and onions over spaghetti. If you decide to add additional ingredients include with the meat layer.
- Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
This was fantastic and great for leftovers too! Thanks for another great recipe!
What a great dish. My dh loved it. Reminded him of a dish his mom made. It was quick and easy to make, very easy to vary. I loved all the flavors from the sauce I used. The red onion is a nice addition. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I froze half of this as it makes a lot. It is even better the next day. :)
After the first bite DH said "this is good stuff" :) I loved it because not only did it taste great it was quick and easy to make. Did leave out the mushrooms, I'm not fond of them, and green pepper, DH not fond of them, but added some minced garlic when frying the ground round. Really liked the milder flavor of the red onion, used Prego Robust Roasted Garlic spaghetti sauce, and Italian Blend shredded cheese. This does make a lot so would be great for a larger family, very good leftovers, or frozen for a meal at another time. Thanks so much sweetie for posting this recipe, will make it again! Made and reviewed for Kitten's Recipe Tag Game.