I originally found this recipe on allrecipes.com and changed it to fit our tastes. This is so versatile. Add or take away what your family likes or dislikes. The recipe should read 2 jars of spaghetti sauce...I apologize the amount hasn't been showing in the ingredients. I use Ragu or my own.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 (737 g) jars spaghetti sauce
- green pepper (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- Brown hamburger until no longer pink with diced red onion.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, Romano, eggs, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Spread ground meat and onions over spaghetti. If you decide to add additional ingredients include with the meat layer.
- Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.