Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Can easily be adapted to your cheese tastes. For kids, omit the blue cheese and add hot dogs.
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup American cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350*. Spray 2-quart casserole with non-stick spray.
- Cook rotini as package directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Stir in flour and pepper; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon each of American and Mozzarella cheeses to top.
- Add remaining cheeses to sauce; stir until melted.
- Add cooked rotini to cheese sauce; stir to gently coat.
- Pour into sprayed casserole. Sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Wonderfully cheesey, rich and creamy! I used regular rotini instead of the tri-color. My kids like blue cheese, so I made it just as written, and it was loved by all. The blue cheese flavor is very subtle, so I think most kids would love this. Some broccoli would be nice in here, too. This is fabulous; thanx for posting! I'll be making this again.
Delicious and easy (made this Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, while cooking turkey and lots of other 'stuff')!! I used cheddar cheese instead of the american cheese. I also added broccoli and black olives. The blue cheese added a very nice flavor. Followed recipe exactly except for these minor changes. Turned out excellent. My husband loved it. Will definitely make again. Thanks for a wonderful pasta recipe.