Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Can easily be adapted to your cheese tastes. For kids, omit the blue cheese and add hot dogs.
Make and share this Three Cheese Rotini Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350*. Spray 2-quart casserole with non-stick spray.
- Cook rotini as package directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Stir in flour and pepper; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon each of American and Mozzarella cheeses to top.
- Add remaining cheeses to sauce; stir until melted.
- Add cooked rotini to cheese sauce; stir to gently coat.
- Pour into sprayed casserole. Sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Wonderfully cheesey, rich and creamy! I used regular rotini instead of the tri-color. My kids like blue cheese, so I made it just as written, and it was loved by all. The blue cheese flavor is very subtle, so I think most kids would love this. Some broccoli would be nice in here, too. This is fabulous; thanx for posting! I'll be making this again.
Delicious and easy (made this Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, while cooking turkey and lots of other 'stuff')!! I used cheddar cheese instead of the american cheese. I also added broccoli and black olives. The blue cheese added a very nice flavor. Followed recipe exactly except for these minor changes. Turned out excellent. My husband loved it. Will definitely make again. Thanks for a wonderful pasta recipe.