Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been trying to find the perfect queso recipe but finally decided to work one out on my own.... This is some good queso! It will be my go to recipe from now on!
- 8 ounces white American cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Place water, cumin, and bouillon cube in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the bouillon cube is dissolved turn the burner to medium and slowly whisk in about 4 ounces of the heavy cream.
- When the mixture begins to bubble add in the cubed American cheese. You will have to whisk quite a while until the cheese is almost melted.
- Add in 4 more ounces of the heavy cream and bring back to a bubble. When bubbling add in the cream cheese and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add remainder of the heavy cream and shredded Monterey Jack. Whisk until all the cheese is melted and remove from the heat.
- We like to add cilantro and diced tomatoes to our queso sometimes. You can garnish however you like. You can also keep this warm in a small crockpot on low.