Recipe by SmilinJenE
Everyday mashed potatoes become elegant in this souffle. This casserole bakes up fluffy and golden.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded low-fat swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- Transfer to a 2 quart souffle dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.