Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A kid favorite!!
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I only had monterey jack cheese- so used a cup of that. I also forgot to add the chives before serving. I didn't bake these, I just added the cheese into the mik and broth mixture. This was a nice recipe for instant potatoes.
- 2 2⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 2⁄3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, milk, butter, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes.
- Let stand for 30 seconds; fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Top with the three cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chives.