Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious homemade crust and easy toppings. A food processor makes the crust almost effortless. Cook time includes resting dough.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast (half a 1/4 ounce pkg)
- 1⁄2 cup hot water (130°F)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- cornmeal, for sprinkling the baking sheet
- 6 large fresh sage leaves, halved or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3⁄4 cup finely diced danish fontina
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin into rings
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Dough: In food processor combine 1/2 cup flour and the yeast; with the motor running add the hot water; turn motor off.
- Add oil, honey, salt, cornmeal and 1/2 cup of the remaining flour; pulse until dough forms a ball; if needed add some of the remaining 1/4 cup flour to make dough soft but not sticky.
- Whirl dough for 30 seconds; knead 10 times on lightly floured surface; form into a ball and let rest, covered for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500°; roll dough out on lightly floured surface into 12" circle; oil a baking sheet and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- If using dried sage, sprinkle it on the dough; Sprinkle Fontina and blue cheese evenly, leaving a 1/2" border; add onion rings and fresh sage leaves; scatter the parmesan.
- Bake on bottom oven rack for 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.