Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My sister got this recipe from one of her neighbors.
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 cup chopped pitted black oil-cured olives
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated gouda cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Mix pasta, olives, bell pepper, all cheeses and basil in large bowl to combine.
- Pour vinegar into small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Add sugar; season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
This was a nice change from the usual. I used bow ties and it does need to sit a spell. Will make again. Thanks Deborah.