Recipe by Anna Olson from Fresh. Pasta with cream cheese, old cheddar and swiss gruyere.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and boil, uncovered, until just tender to taste. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- 3In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat and add flour. Stir with a wooden or non-reactive spoon until mixture has a lightly nutty aroma but no colour, about 5 minutes.
- 4Slowly whisk in milk, then bring entire mixture up to a simmer, whisking constantly. If lumps do occur, strain and return to heat. Add nutmeg and whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cheddar until melted.
- 5Stir in cooked macaroni and spoon into an 8-cup (2 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbling around the edges.
- 6Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.9
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 386.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 25.6 g