Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe by Anna Olson from Fresh. Pasta with cream cheese, old cheddar and swiss gruyere.
Make and share this Three Cheese Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and boil, uncovered, until just tender to taste. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat and add flour. Stir with a wooden or non-reactive spoon until mixture has a lightly nutty aroma but no colour, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk, then bring entire mixture up to a simmer, whisking constantly. If lumps do occur, strain and return to heat. Add nutmeg and whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cheddar until melted.
- Stir in cooked macaroni and spoon into an 8-cup (2 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbling around the edges.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This makes alot, so plan accordingly. :-) I omitted the breadcrumbs and just topped it with some additional cheese. The use of swiss cheese to this recipes gives it a nice little nip. I also added a bit of left-over KFC chicken to the mix to make it a meal-in-one. Picked some fresh corn and I was all set. Made for Vegn-n-Swap