Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Slice the cheese thinly and haphazardly, by hand.
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 ounces grana padano (or Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 2 ounces crotonese
- 2 ounces Cacio di Roma cheese (or Pecorino Romano)
- truffle oil
- Preheat a panini grill.
- Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls; rolls should now be about 1-inch thick; split rolls horizontally.
- Spread a thin, even layer of Grana Padano, then Crotonese, and then Cacio di Roma over the bottom of each roll.
- Generously drizzle some truffle oil over each before closing up the sandwich.
- Grill each sandwich for about 3 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.