Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Flavorful and light textured, these are great with just about any entree. The preparation is surprisingly easy; the outcome is a delicious savory, golden muffin.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pepper and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir only until moistened.
- Fold in the onions and cheeses.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.