Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple, elegant, delicious!
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 ounce mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce aged provolone cheese, diced
- 1 ounce aged swiss cheese, diced
- salt and pepper
- Using an 8-inch, non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add beaten eggs.
- As the eggs begin to thicken, add the 3 cheeses evenly over the eggs.
- As cheese begins to melt, and before the eggs get brown, flip or turn egg mixture over.
- Continue to cook until the cheese melts.
- Turn omelette 1 more time.
- The finished omelette will be a nice yellow color with the cheese melted.
- Serve immediately.
This was the best looking omelet I ever tried to make! Actually looked like an omelet and not a pile of eggs on the plate, lol. I used mozzarella in place of the provolone, but other than that, made as directed. Cheeeeeseeeey goodness!
I served this excellent omelet tonight for dinner with cherry tomatoes and wheat toast. Other than using sharp cheddar I made as directed. Thanks for a great dinner.
Great omelet;I added chopped fresh chives.Nothing like a cheese omelet when you crave comfort food.I made it for WT3; thanks for posting. Rita