These are one-bite wonders of mac and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain, shaking off excess water.
- 3Brush four 12 cup, non-stick mini muffin tins with butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Parmigiano; tap out the excess.
- 4In a large saucepan, melt the 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk the flour over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking, until boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the cheddar and American cheeses and whisk until melted. Off the heat, whisk in the egg yolk and paprika. Fold in the macaroni.
- 5Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of the macaroni into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano on top.
- 6Bake the mini macs in the upper and middle thirds of the oven for 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Let cool for 5 minutes. Using a small spoon, carefully loosen the mimi macs, transferring to a platter and serve.
- 7Can be prepared ahead up to baking. Refrigerate overnight, then bake as above.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni and Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 47.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g