Recipe by Madson7
Had this at a friends mom's house and we loved it. You can make this two days ahead, up to the point of baking, then cover and refrigerate. Bake as directed.
Top Review by lvt96
Good recipe, easy to make. Used Russet potatoes, because that's what I had on hand. Added a little onion and dried chives in with the mixture. Only took about 20 minutes to bake. Made a ton, we will be eating leftovers for a few days. :D I've been looking for a good, easy potato cheese casserole, thank you!
- 5 lbs white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (about 14 cups)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6 quart saucepan place potatoes and add enough water to cover potatoes. Heat to boiling. Cook uncovered 15-20 min or until tender;drain. Mash potatoes.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese w/mixer on low speed until smooth. Mix in sour cream and garlic salt.
- Heat oven to 350. Stir cheese mixture into mashed potatoes until well blended. If potatoes are too still, stir in milk, 1 Tbs at a time until desired consistency. Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes or until hot and top is lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika and chives.