Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty recipe that I got from a magazine.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 minutes or until tender.
- Beat potatoes and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Spoon into lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 400º for 15 to 20 or until thoroughly heated.
I made this recipe for Easter dinner. I can't say enough how much everone disliked this casserole. Will not be making it again.
WOW! This turned out really great. Prepared as written but added Spanish Paprika for some color and topped it with Fried Onions for the last 10 mins of cook time. Nice and creamy but not mushy. Nice strong cheese flavor and is nicely browned top! I live at 2600 feet above sea level so I increased the cook time by 3 minutes...Thank you..Great recipe! My family went nuts.
I found this recipe in a Southern Living magazine a few years ago, and just got around to making it this past Christmas- it is to die for! We use slightly less milk than the recipe calls for. This recipe is sure to make any meal special! Thanks for posting!