Recipe by Barbell Bunny
Cheddar, Gruyere, and Havarti cheese work together to make a creamy noodle bliss. From Life's Ambrosia.
- 473.18 ml dried elbow macaroni
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 354.88 ml milk
- 354.88 ml shredded medium cheddar
- 118.29 ml shredded gruyere cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded havarti cheese
- 2.46-4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Strain.
- In the same pot that you boiled the pasta in, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk until smooth, cook 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk milk into flour mixture and bring to a simmer but do not boil. Add in all three cheeses and stir until they melt. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Fold in cooked noodles. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in chopped green onions. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot.