Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheddar, Gruyere, and Havarti cheese work together to make a creamy noodle bliss. From Life's Ambrosia.
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded havarti cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Strain.
- In the same pot that you boiled the pasta in, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk until smooth, cook 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk milk into flour mixture and bring to a simmer but do not boil. Add in all three cheeses and stir until they melt. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Fold in cooked noodles. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in chopped green onions. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot.